SEO Specialist Job Position
Does search engine optimization excite you? Do you love being able to strategize and execute SEO campaigns to help businesses succeed? Does working with a team that values creativity, collaboration, and mentorship sound like “home” to you? Do you have a passion for small businesses?
If YES, then you belong with the Succeeding Small team. We are a Colorado Springs-based digital marketing agency on a mission to grow small businesses. We are looking for an incredible SEO specialist to join our team of digital marketing experts. If you love all parts of SEO (on-page, off-page, local SEO, tech SEO) and want to put all those skills towards helping small businesses, then this job is for you.
- Research, plan, and execute successful SEO campaigns related to content strategy, technical site optimization, backlink and directory building, PR campaigns, and more.
- Research, plan, and implement detailed SEO strategies for each client based on their industry and goals.
- Stay up to date on industry trends, algorithm updates, and digital strategies to help our small businesses succeed and compete online.
Research & Data Analysis
- Utilize tools like SEMrush, Ahrefs, BrightLocal, SurferSEO, Google Ads, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, etc.
- Set up conversion tracking via Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics
- KPI tracking and monitoring of SEO results.
- Conduct in-depth research on keyword phrases, competitors, backlink profiles, user needs, and client goals.
On-Page & Technical SEO
- Technical SEO expertise for solving website errors and overall optimization, including:
- Internal linking strategy, URL structure & hierarchy, anchor text optimization, website speed optimization, header tag optimization, image optimization, title tags & meta descriptions, schema, minor site content edits, mobile search optimization, XML sitemap creation & installation, etc.
- High proficiency in WordPress, Elementor, and WooCommerce, as well as the ability to learn and optimize for other website platforms for small businesses (Wix, Squarespace, & Shopify)
Content Strategy & Optimization
- Leading content strategy as it aligns with SEO goals, trending topics, keyword analysis, featured snippet opportunities, backlink potential, etc.
- Supporting the content creation team with SEO and content optimization best practices
- Optimizing content for keywords, proper heading structure, competitive analysis, rank potential, internal linking, etc.
- Write title tags & meta descriptions, distribute keyword phrases, and other small writing areas for SEO optimization purposes.
- Writing email communication for backlink outreach
- Identify PR opportunities and strategize content that would align with that strategy.
- NOTE: This job does require you to be an exceptionally strong writer and communicator. You will need to write with finesse and SEO skills. You will work alongside our copywriting team to accomplish our SEO goals as it aligns with content.
- Work intimately with local SEO tools such as BrightLocal, Yext, Whitespark, SEMrush, etc., to gather data and optimize our clients’ online presence.
- Google Business Profile setup and optimization.
- Submit business information to data aggregators, acquire listings, and update directory listings (including Yelp, Bing, Yahoo, etc.)
- Strategize & acquire backlinks for our clients
- Strategy, prospecting, email outreach and follow-up, tracking and reporting
- PR strategies to get our clients featured in news publications or guest author publications
- Strategy for linkable assets that will attract natural links for our clients
- Finding outside opportunities to drive traffic and increase visibility for our clients
Collaborate with the Succeeding Small Team
- Work with the Succeeding Small team (web designers, copywriters, social media managers, brand creators, etc.) and help guide in terms of SEO strategy for each client.
- Participation in our internship program, where we teach students SEO and other digital marketing practices
DETAILS & BENEFITS
SALARY: $48,000 YEAR
Why Work for Succeeding Small?
Our greatest mission is to help people, students, and small businesses succeed. We do this by practicing integrity-filled marketing, prioritizing education, and supporting one another.
We are proud to be experts in our field and love digital marketing for the challenge it brings and the results it delivers for our clients. In addition, we love to practice marketing with transparency, teaching, and mentoring our clients, our team, and students. We lead a digital marketing internship program every semester, where team members get to teach and mentor students in the field.
We have grown over 100 small businesses in the past five years. We can accomplish this and continue to serve the entrepreneurial community by being the best at what we do and genuinely caring about the success of our clients and our team.
We believe in work-life balance, creating a supportive and collaborative culture, and helping individuals succeed in their own lives.
At Succeeding Small, you’ll find a group of passionate, talented people aligned toward one goal: growing small businesses.